Social Media Strategist
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Social Media Strategist is responsible for implementing the company social media strategy and serving as the key departmental contact on IMI social media client accounts. The Social Media Strategist will work closely with the Digital Marketing Account Mangers (AM) of the account and manage the overall day-to-date client correspondence on social-specific campaigns to ensure the client is happy and receiving all social media deliverables in a timely fashion.
EXEMPTION STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB LEVEL: DOE
SALARY RANGE: DOE
The Social Media Strategist is responsible for strategizing, executing, and overseeing client projects, as well as being the client’s main point of contact for social media. The Social Media Strategist is a doer, develops strong client and social influencer relationships, always meets deadlines and works to exceed client’s expectations. This person thrives in a fast pace environment and is knowledgeable of all main social media channels, has significant experience managing multiple social media pages for business and advertising on social media channels, has blogger/influencer outreach experience and relationships, and thoroughly understands public relations, marketing, and social media best practices. This person must have great organization and communication skills, as communication between them and the Social Media (Sr.) Specialist will be imperative to client success. This person will be expected to collaborate effectively between the SEO, Social Media, Content Strategy, and Design teams.
All employees shall demonstrate the ability to:
- Comply with company policies and procedures
- Observe safety and security procedures and use equipment and materials properly
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding company records, personnel compensation and performance, and all other reports and communication
- Consistently come to work on time, follows instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance
- Appropriately record all time worked on a daily basis
- Demonstrate proficiency and appropriate use of software tools applicable to performing job duties
- Work well under pressure; meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines
- Monitor the time allocated for assigned projects, notifying supervisors and/or project managers of any anticipated overages or delays
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and monitor their own work to ensure quality
- Support company-wide initiatives
- Positively advocate and support the company culture
- Use cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors
- Foster interdepartmental/disciplinary teamwork and cooperation
- Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrate group presentation and communication skills
- Be a problem solver
- Lead by example
Essential Functions – Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement the social media strategy and coordinate with stakeholders across the company to ensure its effectiveness
- Work with the website development team to ensure social media tools (social widgets, share buttons, etc.) are kept up-to-date and are prominent on site and various pages
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day channel and account activities
- Oversee creation of monthly client content calendars for various social channels
- Setup and manage client presence in social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and other similar community sites; post on relevant blogs, and seed content into social applications as needed
- Become and advocate of the clients in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Oversee and execute creative social media campaigns including but not limited to: sweepstakes and campaigns, Tweet ups, Twitter chats, Google Hangouts, Social Engagement Apps, Employee Advocacy Campaigns, Scavenger Hunts, etc.
- Manage blogger outreach programs and build an active brand ambassador network when applicable
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media campaigns, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results
- Provide and/or regular reports showcasing overall growth of channels
- Manage the monitoring of trends, schedule content, and analyze results in our Sprout Social CMS.
- Guide and educate the AMs and other IMI teams in understanding high level social media campaign strategies for clients
- Work with AMs to oversee the client’s budget and communicate with sales when possible any adjustments that need to be recommended or made
- Research opportunities for improving the client’s social media and overall marketing efforts
- Ensure the account is being fully serviced based on what was sold in the contract
- Assist with training and developing the (Sr.) Specialists as needed.
Measurements of Performance
- Retaining clients through great communication, building close relationships, successfully coordinating internal and external design assets to ensure client satisfaction, and successful campaign performance & positive results (brand awareness, traffic, social media shares, etc.)
- High quality of work (deliverables, reports, and strategy)
- Proactively identifying potential problems or client concerns before they occur, addressing them, and making the adjustments necessary in order to maintain client satisfaction
- Meeting and exceeding all deadlines
Knowledge, Skills and Experience – Position Requirement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ideal candidate for the position should have a BA or BS undergraduate degree in marketing, public relations, business or communication studies
- 2-4 years of working experience in Social Media marketing
- Have a strong understanding of Google Analytics
- Able to develop a rapport with clients and successfully manage customer expectations and needs.
- Able to provide superior customer service and demonstrate expert knowledge of the social media industry and the client’s business
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Good research and problem solving skills. Self-motivated, flexible and a team player.
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Exceptional proficiency and in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants
- Knowledge of blogging ecosystem relevant to the company’s field
- Able to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Have a good knowledge of principles of SEO
- Possesses a great deal of initiative, energy, and assertiveness and possess a high level of professionalism, adaptability and must be open to changing priorities
- Strong Knowledge and experience using the following tools and software:
- Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Paid Ads: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram