ABOUT THIS POSITION
Project Managers are responsible for the successful execution (on time/within budget) of their assigned projects. They are responsible for directing multiple projects at a time or a singular mid-scale project, and ensuring projects meet or exceed internal team deadlines and client expectations. They will ensure that the scope/requirements are understood by the team and will participate in the solution developed by the team. Project Managers will interface with the client to communicate weekly project status and be responsible for developing project plans, staffing plans, budgets, risk mitigation plans and driving the overall internal communication for their assigned projects. They also plan, organize and control the activities of other disciplines (e.g. User Experience, Development, Strategy, Creative) in order to ensure the on-time, on-budget delivery of projects. They are the driving force ensuring that the project is successful.
They are also responsible for the accurate financial management and monthly reconciliation of the projects to which they’re assigned.
Project Managers work independently, with moderate input from direct manager needed for job performance.
Characteristics of projects assigned to project managers include: recurring/similar type of project; local scope; low risk; an average of 5-10 FTEs (team and client) staffed; 2-4 disciplines managed; 0-1 third parties managed; client service is executional in nature and about maintaining a healthy relationship. Project Managers manage an average annual project run rate of $1m on an individual basis.
EXEMPTION STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB LEVEL: DOE
SALARY RANGE: DOE
Desired Skills and Experience
- Develops and demonstrates an understanding of the client’s business, their needs, expectations, and requirements.
- Collaborates with the project team to drive the approach, deliverables, schedule and tools to deliver the project within established constraints.
- Works with client team as well as any and all members of assigned project team to estimate costs and timing for tasks such as project strategy, functional design, visual design, technology requirements, etc., utilizing established estimating process and tools.
- May work with Client Engagement to obtain and document client signoff at key points during project.
- Coordinates all activities of the project team and ensures that project tasks are completed by: scheduling and facilitating project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, internal/client reviews, etc,), communicating action steps to team, and delivering weekly status reports to project team, the client and management.
- Develops, maintains, reviews and/or disseminates all project documentation including status reports, invoices, change orders, project schedules, budgets, and sunset reviews. Ensures that all project documentation is produced in the standard format, follows internal documentation processes and is reviewed and approved.
- Manages vendor/third party relationships (i.e. such as photographers, stock photo services, and video production).
Monitoring – scheduling, financials, risk management
- Manages and controls project scope and the change control process to ensure that projects are completed according to schedule and within budget.
- Responsible for delivering work within sold budget. Also responsible for identifying and communicating issues causing budget/margin changes.
- Responsible for raising and maintaining awareness of all project issues and risks, and working with appropriate team members to develop solutions.
- Manages project financial lifecycle, including estimates, invoicing, payables, receivables, etc.
- Works with Resource Management to ensure that projects are appropriately staffed, including both employee and contract resources.
- Follows internal processes and adjusts staffing needs in a timely manner based on project shifts.
- Collaborates on the content and presentation of key client deliverables as required to ensure relevancy, accuracy, quality and timeliness.
- Is the client point-of-contact for all project scope/budget related issues.
- Serves as a mentor to new and/or current employee(s) and assists with employee on-boarding and training.
- Follows standard policies and procedures; recommends improvements as appropriate.
- 3-5 years of experience managing marketing, design or digital projects end to end, (budgets, scheduling, etc.) preferably in a consulting or agency environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Competent knowledge of one or more of the following: web development processes and the delivery of solutions with creative and technology components, digital marketing, SEO, SEM.
- Understanding of principles of paid, earned and owned media.
- Competent understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed task-based work plans, perform resource allocations and facilitate team meetings.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and problem solving skills.
- Must have a focus on detail and driving results.
- Proven team-building skills; experience facilitating teams and clients.
- Strong Microsoft Project (or similar) and MS Office skills.
- Working knowledge of contract interpretation and negotiation preferred.