Digital Account Strategist
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Account Strategist role is primarily focusing on account strategy, account leadership, client relations, client retention, client satisfaction and account success.
EXEMPTION STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB LEVEL: DOE
SALARY RANGE: DOE
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Director of SMBG Accounts & Production
DEPARTMENT HEAD: President
MANAGER: Division President
The Account Strategist is responsible for serving as the manager and key contact on IMI client accounts. The Strategist will manage the campaign strategies, coordinate with all involved departments, and help drive the processes, procedures, and timelines to ensure that deliverables are completed on time and without error.
Essential Functions – Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing a rapport, being the client advocate, and continuously keeping the client’s best interests in mind
- On-going account/client retention
- Setting campaign goals and KPI’s and guiding the strategy
- Demonstrate an understanding of analytics and gain insight from the data in order to make actionable recommendations
- Work with the client to identify reporting specifications and coordinate with Analytics and the Departments to develop appropriate reporting solutions
- Ensure that the project management teams are working within the defined scope while driving the teams to exceed client expectations
- Guiding the PM teams in understanding the high level campaign strategy
- Maximize efficiency through training and process optimization
- Oversee the client’s budget and communicate with the team when possible adjustments need to be recommended or made
- Identify potential revenue opportunities for the client based on performance and strategy recommendations
- Researching opportunities for improving the client’s online marketing efforts
- Identify competitor strategies to assist internal campaign teams and the overall upsell process
- Ensure the account is being fully serviced based on what was sold in the contract
Measurements of Performance
- Growing client accounts due to exceptional results and identifying new opportunities
- Retaining clients through great communication, building close relationships, and successfully coordinating internal assets to ensure client satisfaction
- Proactively identifying potential problems or client concerns before they occur, addressing them, and making the adjustments necessary in order to maintain client satisfaction
Knowledge, Skills and Experience – Position Requirements
- The ideal candidate for the position should have a BA or BS undergraduate degree
- 2+ years of agency experience as an Account Manager/Project Manager or equivalent experience
- Ability to analyze websites and make recommendations for improving usability, performance, and conversions
- Ability to gain insight from the data in order to make actionable recommendations for their accounts
- Ability to develop a rapport with customers and successfully manage customer expectations and needs.
- Ability to provide superior customer service and demonstrate expert knowledge of the product and the business
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Good research and problem solving skills. Self-motivated, flexible and a team player.
- Possess a great deal of initiative, energy, leadership while possessing a high level of professionalism, and adaptability.
- Exceptional proficiency with Google Analytics and Microsoft Office