Content Marketing Specialist
About This Position
This role is focused on managing the flow of copy creation needs across all IMI digital streams, with a primary focus on Earned Media copy and content across SEO, Content Marketing, Social Media and Promotion.
The Content Specialist, Copywriting position requires the ability to manage needs associated with both in-house and outsourced copy editing and must be able to identify when to outsource copy needs and when to write and create it themselves.
This role will also require the ability to provide initial feedback and edits on pending and completed outsourced copy while maintaining an eye-for-detail that adheres to grammatical and spelling best practices.
The Content Specialist, Copywriting position will work closely with the Content Marketing, Social Media and SEO teams to understand strategy and goals for each client in order to produce the most targeted and data-driven content with in-line promotion strategies.
This position will report to the SEO Manager.
- Experience with writing for an ever-evolving and wide variety of digital audiences. (Blogs, Product Descriptions, Press Releases, Surveys, On-site web copy, etc)
- Ability to project manage external resources (eCopywriters and freelancers).
- Work across all digital streams (mostly Earned Media team) to identify copy needs in order to execute their strategies.
- Basic understanding of SEO best practices and how they relate to content production (Keyword usage and optimization, competitor analyses, etc…)
- Efficient time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple project deadlines.
- Bachelors Degree in Journalism, English, Communications or other related field.
- Proficiency in Windows and/or Mac operating systems and basic word processing and editing software.