Social Media Project Manager
ABOUT THIS POSITION
This position contributes to the company’s goals and productivity by offering an intimate understanding of social media and understanding of all aspects of online marketing (SEO, PPC, Display, Website Design) while serving as the lead for multiple social media clients and marketing campaigns.
EXEMPTION STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB LEVEL: DOE
SALARY RANGE: DOE
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: President
The Social Media Manager (SMM) is responsible for implementing the company social media strategy and serving as the key departmental contact on IMI social media client accounts. The SMM will work closely with the Digital Marketing Account Managers (AM) of the account and manage the overall day-to-day client correspondence on social-specific campaigns to ensure the client is happy and receiving all social media deliverables in a timely fashion.
Essential Functions – Duties and Responsibilities
• Implement the social media strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the company to ensure its effectiveness
• Work with the website development team to ensure social media tools (social widgets, share buttons, etc.) are kept up-to-date and are prominent on site and various pages
• Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day channel and account activities
• Oversee creation of monthly client content calendars for various social channels
• Set up and manage client presence in social sites including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed
• Become an advocate of the clients in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
• Manage blogger outreach programs and build an active brand ambassador network when applicable
• Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results
• Provide regular reports showcasing overall growth of channels
• Manage the monitoring of trends, schedule content, and analyze results in our Social Office Suite CMS platform
• Guide and educate the AMs and other IMI teams in understanding high level social media campaign strategies for clients
• Work with AM’s to oversee the client’s budget and communicate with sales when possible any adjustments that need to be recommended or made
• Researching opportunities for improving the client’s social media and overall marketing efforts
• Ensure the account is being fully serviced based on what was sold in the contract
Measurements of Performance
• Retaining clients through great communication, building close relationships, and successfully coordinating internal and external design assets to ensure client satisfaction
• Proactively identifying potential problems or client concerns before they occur, addressing them, and making the adjustments necessary in order to maintain client satisfaction
Knowledge, Skills and Experience – Position Requirements:
• The ideal candidate for the position should have a BA or BS undergraduate degree in marketing, public relations, business or communication studies
• 3+ years of online marketing agency or brand experience as a Manager/ Account Manager /Project Manager
• Ability to develop a rapport with clients and successfully manage customer expectations and needs.
• Ability to provide superior customer service and demonstrate expert knowledge of the social media industry and the client’s business
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Good research and problem solving skills. Self-motivated, flexible and a team player.
• Possess a great deal of initiative, energy, and assertiveness and possess a high level of professionalism, adaptability and must be open to changing priorities
• Strong project management or organizational skills
• Exceptional proficiency and In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
• Knowledge of blogging ecosystem relevant to the Company’s field
• Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships
• Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary
• Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
• Have a good knowledge of principles of SEO
• Positive growth path would include, but are not limited to, Social Media Director.
• Lateral movements include Account Strategist.