ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Lead Designer is responsible for overseeing all design deliverables and ensuring a high quality of output that reflects IMI standards and adheres to clients’ branding direction. This includes the creation and maintenance of an efficient design process from initiation through final delivery. The Lead Designer will attend client kickoff meetings to understand and capture the essence of initial design tasks, create wireframes and/or schemas based on client needs, and convey overall design vision to the design team or execute on the deliverable himself/herself.
The Lead Designer will work with Sales to outline scope for proposals and follow up on key meetings with clients to acquire and relay client feedback. He/She will also filter all outgoing design deliverables, large and small, prior to sending to clients to ensure the quality and precision of design and content.
If you are the “big idea” generator, have 5-7 years of experience leading the creative design direction for both Web and print integrated campaigns, have an insatiable passion for typography, identity design, integrated campaigns, and usable and beautiful interface design, this is the position for you.
Essential Functions – Duties & Responsibilities
- Enthusiasm and high energy
- Attention to detail and time management
- Passionate about design, creativity and typography
- Demonstrable samples of industry leading design solutions, including experience working with an established brand
- Ability to assign and facilitate tasks with in-house and external contractual resources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Additional Functions – Duties & Responsibilities by Function
- Understanding of Information Architecture and principles of usability
- Must demonstrate a thinking process, and be passionate about typography
- Expert-level Adobe Creative Suite and website development programs
- Expert-level knowledge of website development process and programming
- Skilled on both Windows and Mac